Friday, April 8, 2011

Blast from the past toy

Natalia was invited to a birthday party for this Saturday so today we headed out shopping for the birthday gift, after a crazy day of Kids Kinnection - a 2 hour class I drop her of at every Friday plus 3 hours spent at a Amazing Adventures Playland this was madness and ended up with a full blown tantrum - but I guess I was asking for it...
Anyway we set out to Chapters Indigo and as Natalia was playing around in their kids zone I headed for the aisles in search of a great birthday gift for a 3 year old, found nothing that I would consider great and reasonably priced so I ended up with a gift card however ...
while browsing I was hit by BLAST from the PAST toy.



That's right Monchhichi, I thought I would never see that monkey again.
I didn't actually own one myself but my cousin did and we played with it all the time, he was her favorite to the pint that the "fur" was almost threadbare and one of the arms was covered in a different material becasue it was falling away.
And seeing this toy on the shelf today brought so many childhood memories...
I almost bought it and I'm still considering buying one :)

That made me realized that I just threw out my own 80's toy in my last move just few months ago, couldn't find a picture of it on the net anywhere, but it was this little shabby boy dressed in blue with a ice cream cone on a string at his neck - now that I think about it - I shouldn't have done that, throw it out that is.
I really liked him and even Natalia was playing with him for a while but he was falling apart too, oh well...
this is my walk down memory lane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...